43 / Pooja
Guest speaker Pooja Ranjan, Herder-in-chief at Ethereum Cat Herders, discusses how the Ethereum Improvement Proposal (EIP) process has evolved over time and how to make the community more reflective of the world.
Episode notesEdit these notes…
- Guest speaker Pooja Ranjan, Herder-in-chief at Ethereum Cat Herders https://www.ethereumcatherders.com/
- Pooja got involved in the ecosystem via EtherWorld https://etherworld.co
- Peek an EIP https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD9iiIwTRtLDYcEWONs2Q3A/videos
- Ethereum Improvement Proposal (EIP) process is how standards get born in the Ethereum ecosystem https://ethereum.org/en/eips/
- Fellowship of Ethereum Magicians is key forum for EIPs https://ethereum-magicians.org
- How has EIP process evolved over time?
- How did Pooja learn how to run meetings in such an organized and inclusive way?
- Objective of ETH Cat Herders is to be inclusive, allowing anyone who wants to be part of the community to have ways to contribute
- Co-hosted the Merge viewing party with Ethereum Foundation, Bankless, Daily Gwei, and other ecosystem media
- Ethereum Cat Herder’s Discord https://discord.io/EthCatHerders
- Workstreams have been created for specific areas, such as wallet devs – should we consider something similar for NFT-related EIPs?}
- How to make the community more reflective of the whole world? Still many circles are dominated by white dudes from rich countries.
- Some circles are more diverse, like NFT art
- Since mostly remote-first, could be a good opportunity for moms who want to return to work after focusing on raising kids for a few years
- Internship opportunities with Ethereum Cat Herders