66 / BioNFT, KYC
In this episode, we focus on BioNFTs and how they''re being used to track permission for usage of biometrics is scientific studies. We also delve into the financial world and discuss KYC and it''s role in keeping track of your eligibility for financial transactions.
Episode notesEdit these notes…
- Should we try joint hacking with Codespaces?
- Example video: [Building an AI Video Pipeline with chatGPT Part 2] – The Craft Streams
- Please help to compile BioNFT version 2 based on ERC4907 to enable Decentralized Biosample Leasing Agreements. Please see: https://medium.com/@daniel_uribe/bionft-version-2-1d9d2ce46d12.
- Serial number of the tube
- Want to use ERC-4907 to establish a lease agreement
- a) ⅓ nft generate with deploy , after that users can mint nfts in the contract at a fixed price, for example 0.01eth. Is it necessary for this to create two separate mint for us and make a public mint ? Will this greatly affect the cost of gas? or can this be solved by other functions? b) We use one function and we make 10k nfts at once and they will immediately get to the marketplace. What is the optimal function to use in this case for small gas? c) Is there a function for automatically adding a money from the nft smart contract to the liquidity pool? d) is there an automatic offering for sale function (for opensea) or only external scripts? e) do we have function to automatic range pricing of the nft depending on the rarity immediately in the code of the smart contract ? Thank you!!!
- Polygon Launches Decentralized ID Service Powered By ZK Proofs - The Defiant
- “know your” in KYC is the opposite of “zero knowledge” in ZKP
- ““KYC requires users to provide third parties with a litany of personally-identifying information such as passports, government-issued IDs, and biometric data,”” false. KYC does not require third parties, lazy companies require third parties
- The Defiant article seems to have overplayed the KYC aspect of this product, the original blog post at https://www.polygon.technology/polygon-id
Today’s Community Service Hour focused on most sensitive topics: your money and your life.
We looked at BioNFTs, tracking permission to use your biometrics in science studies… and KYC, tracking your eligibility to join financial transactions.
With Bio NFTs @duribeb #BioNFT #ownyourdata ran a speed run of implementing ERC-721 NFTs with ERC-4907 rental/leasing @0xanders
There might be a need for a similar ERC that address licenses, which are one NFT to many recipients, versus ERC-4907 which only has one exclusive recipient at a time. Study your use cases!
Then we looked at @0xPolygon and @0xPolygonID, I love the deep long-term investment in ZK products and hires for rollups (and bridges?)
However the ID product does not seem motivated by any real business needs. And it is especially not needed by banks/financial sector, @DefiantNews overplayed this news.
The “know your” in KYC is the opposite of “zero knowledge” in ZKP. Not compatible!