80 / Backdoor balkanization
Laws that make a multi-region blockchain impossible
This episode dives into the concept of Balkanization in the context of decentralized systems. We discuss multi-region application models and present a workshop on how to implement the European Data Act - a kill switch required for smart contracts. We also reveal about our new branding repo, and discuss the intriguing concept of an NFT vending machine in Guiyang.
Episode notesEdit these notes…
- The new Hour.gg branding repo
- Workshop: How to implement the European kill switch (required for smart contracts) // part 3 of 3, federated regulator access
- “Where” is your wallet/NFT?
- Chinese internet and US internet are totally different
- What are the different models of multi-region applications?
- DVD region coding
- China-internet vs. Western-internet
- US Apple App Store vs. anywhere else Apple App Store
- ERC-XXXX kill switch plan B
- We now have all graphics / motion graphics / open sourced in our new branding repo
- NFT vending machine in Guiyang